About the Client
The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is a fully accredited, public university that enrolls approximately 15,000 students per year. UFV has campuses and locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Hope and Agassiz, and a growing presence in Chandigarh, India. Canada’s education system ranks among the best in the world, and Canadian degrees are recognized internationally. You can study at a lower cost than in many other western countries. UFV is recognized nationally for student success, an excellent learning environment, creative integration of programming, and our work with local communities.
On conducting an internal analysis, the staff at the campus, realized how the technology challenges impacted their students. Some of the technical inefficiencies the university had been facing were:
- Managing multiple ERP projects with limited manpower on staff
- Limited internal skillsets to provide functional support for Banner® system.
Post multiple internal committee discussions and evaluation, the University chose OculusIT for the following:
- Banner® Functional Advisor – Responsible for utilizing baseline Banner® 9 functionality to its fullest:
- Working with end users (Student, HR, Finance) & FA team to understand business processes and then working to help end users become more efficient and effective utilizing the Banner® 9 SIS.
- Providing project leadership for functional work groups and FAs enabling them to stay on time and on task.
- Serving as cross-module integration project coordinator to assist in the resolution of cross module issues.
- Identify and confirm impacts by the Banner conversion deliverables
- Functional processes
- Database objects
- Facilitating business process review and application prototyping sessions as well as providing business process analysis and insight into best practice methodologies.
- On-going Banner® DBA Managed Services
- Cost avoidance and optimization
- OculusIT expertise and Higher-Ed experience in ERP management greatly benefiting the University’s IT team and helping the University in streamline their IT processes
- Strategic planning of reallocating staff to other areas