Community College of Baltimore County
About the Client
The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is a public community college in Baltimore County, Maryland with three main campuses and three extension centers. CCBC offers the region’s most expansive selection of degree, certificate and workplace certification programs that prepare students for transfer, job entry and career advancement in local job growth industries such as business, education, health care, information technology, cybersecurity, construction and transportation. Each year, more than 63,000 students enroll at the college’s main campuses, extension centers and online and is designated as a Military Times Best College 2018.
CCBC rolled out an RFP for ‘IT Staff Augmentation’ due to few technical inefficiencies faced by the University including:
- Banner® and Oracle® ERP projects with limited manpower on staff
- Limited internal skillsets to provide project management and delivery support.
Post multiple internal committee discussions and evaluation, the University awarded the RFP to OculusIT for the following:
- Oracle® Upgrade
- Quarterly Critical Patchset Update (CPU) and Patchset Update (PSU) upgrades.
- OEM installation upgrades including monitoring of all Oracle® database and application servers
- Oracle® daily health check (1 hour on daily basis)
- Performance tuning of Oracle® database
- Banner® Upgrade
- Upgrade Oracle® client from current 11g to 12 (DB is already on 12) on Banner® job submission servers & also recompile C and Cobol with the new versions of Oracle® client
- Migrate current Self‐Service Banner® 8 to Tomcat (currently on WebLogic)
- Project Management (PM) Services
- Cost optimization
- OculusIT expertise and Higher-Ed experience in ERP management greatly benefiting the University’s IT team and helping the University in streamline their IT processes
- Strategic planning of reallocating staff to other areas
University of the Fraser Valley