About the Client
Sierra Nevada University is Nevada’s only accredited, private, four-year institution, located at the shore of Lake Tahoe. It offers over 33 majors to around 1500 students. Founded in 1969, the college is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Sierra Nevada University (SNU) required an experienced Managed IT and Cloud consulting partner that could consult the University and augment its Banner® environment. In addition to this, an ongoing investment in time-consuming and expensive upgrades, SNU’s systems prohibited users from quickly adopting and benefiting from powerful new application functionality.
SNU recognized that streamlining operating functions and services is a major requirement to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Post a rigorous assessment and evaluation, SNU chose OculusIT for the following:
- On-going Banner® DBA Managed Services
- Argos Reporting
- Banner® Functional Programming Analyst
- 24×7 Cloud Monitoring and Network Operations Center (NOC) Services
- Banner® Hosting and Backup on OculusIT Hybrid Cloud (OHC)
- Project Management Office
- Cost optimization by eliminating costly upgrades
- Strategic planning of reallocating staff to other areas
- Keeping the ERP environment current and secured with OculusIT Hybrid Cloud (OHC)