About the Client
Stevens Institute of Technology is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, New Jersey overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Since our founding in 1870, technological innovation has always been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens’ education and research. Within the university’s three schools and one college, 6,900 undergraduate and graduate students collaborate closely with faculty in an interdisciplinary, student-centric, entrepreneurial environment.
A range of academic and research programming spanning business, computing, engineering, the arts and other fields actively advances the frontiers of science and leverages technology to confront our most pressing global challenges. The university is consistently ranked among the nation’s elite for return on tuition investment, career services and the mid-career salaries of alumni.
Stevens had deeply invested in their IT and Security and was highly focused on innovation and delivering enhanced services through data-driven decisions.
The strategic team at Stevens had planned for a long time to partner with a Managed IT and Cybersecurity services provider that will not only be responsible for maintaining their IT and Cybersecurity operations, but also help them re-visit existing security structure and re-envision the strategic goals.
After a thorough evaluation, Stevens Institute of Technology decided to move with OculusIT for the following:
- 24x7x365 SOC-as-a-Service including security incident handling, monitoring, analysis and firewall management
- Security Assessments including GLBA, GDPR and cybersecurity assessment.
- Cost optimization with OculusIT’s CISO and SOC-as-a-Service
- 60 days from signed contract to operational SOC – a solution for IT and cybersecurity protection from threats such as worms, bots and much more
- Leveraging OculusIT monitoring solution ensures data segregation for compliance, regulatory needs and end-to-end managed security services.