About the Client
Seward County Community College is a two-year institution offering 45 programs of study, including Adult Basic Education, certificate programs and associate of arts, associate of science, general studies and applied sciences degrees. Ranked in the top 5% of more than 1,100 accredited community colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute, SCCC serves a student body of 2,500+ students ranging in age from 15 to 85, in a county with the highest foreign-born percentage population in the U.S., and a rural service area of about 50,997 in seven Southwest Kansas counties and a five-state region.
During early 2017, Seward County Community College rolled out an RFP seeking Banner ERP database administration and other IT skillsets.
Post rigorous RFP evaluation among multiple companies, SCCC awarded the RFP to OculusIT to provide Banner® and Oracle® ERP DBA Services. Since 2017, SCCC added multiple services under project portfolio and service including:
- Banner® and Oracle® ERP DBA Services since early 2017
- Banner® and Oracle® ERP Managed Services
- Banner® Migration from 8 to 9
- Banner® Programmer Analyst Support Services
- EM Cloud Control
- Workflow implementation
- Application Monitoring
- Server Monitoring and Database Monitoring
- Campus Network Administration and Support
In September 2020, SCCC chose OculusIT via an RFP process as their ‘Network Management and 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) Services’ provider to strengthen their IT security and network capabilities.
- Cost optimization by eliminating costly upgrades
- Strategic planning of reallocating staff to other areas
- Multiple events reduced to small count of actionable incidents with OculusIT SIEM tool
- One source of information for firewall monitoring, management and determining asset inventory with OculusIT