About the Client
Mount Wachusett Community College (MWCC) is a public community college in Gardner, Massachusetts. Established by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 1963, it features an open admissions policy for the majority of its academic programs. MWCC offers more than 70 academic programs that allow students to earn either an associate of science degree (A.S.), associate of arts degree (A.A.), or a certificate.
MWCC is a lifelong learning community dedicated to excellence in education and responsive to the changing needs of the communities we serve. Their focus is the preparation of individuals for lives of fulfillment, leadership, and service in a diverse and global society. They are committed to engaging students in rich and challenging learning opportunities within a small college atmosphere that is known for its personal touch.
MWCC was looking to partner with an expert higher education IT services provider for database administration support for their Banner® ERP.
Post their evaluation, they chose OculusIT as their Banner ERP and Systems Managed Services provider, due to OculusIT’s high-touched, ERP and IT experience of over 15 years, helping numerous colleges and universities across the U.S. with Banner® management and hosting services.
- Through this partnership, OculusIT supports MWCC with remote Banner® database administration and application administration services.
- OculusIT provides a highly skilled DBA, who assist MWCC with installation, configuration and upgrades for their database environment, database system level security administration, periodic log review and analysis, troubleshooting and diagnostic support, tuning and adjusting, and Luminis® administration among other key areas.
- OculusIT also provides after-hours Banner® DBA support for emergency resolution of P1 incidents.
- A Project Management Office (PMO) oversee all aspects of the project including timely completion of tasks, regular progress reports and coordination with the MWCC team.
- Banner® management and administration is smooth
- Streamlined our IT processes
- Strategic planning of reallocating staff to other areas
- Cost optimization by eliminating costly upgrades