SUMMIT, NEW JERSEY, March 2, 2022 – Trinity College has partnered with OculusIT, higher education’s leading managed IT and cloud services company, for Virtual Chief Information Security (vCISO) Services to reinforce their cybersecurity practices. With more than 15 years of higher education IT experience, OculusIT has helped higher education institutions with an evolved SIEM, threat detection, and response solutions with real-time data enrichment, multifaceted analytics, complete incident management, and flexible deployment options.
The engagement enables Trinity College to leverage Virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) – an expert, independent security leader who will deal with security objectives and ensure all the information assets receive the utmost protection.
Under this, OculusIT provides an unbiased view of risk, compliance, and security methodologies at Trinity College. The scope of the project includes, but is not limited to:
- Serving as an information security liaison to auditors, assessors, and third parties, when required
- Advisory on security activities, reporting, events, and legal
- Collaborating with IT teams to advise on the design of security systems and recommending solutions for network and system monitoring, log correlation, and reporting
- Providing training and mentoring to security team members
- Constantly updating the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Briefing the executive team on status and risks, including assuming the champion role for the overall strategy and necessary budget
- Communicating the best practices and risks across the business, outside IT
- Policy development and recommendations in line with NIST, SANS, ISACA, ISC2 requirements and industry best practices
- Reviewing and approving security policies, controls, and cyber incident response planning
- Providing a cybersecurity roadmap with strategic guidance in growth, risk management, and service offerings
- Reviewing disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Compliance management as per changing laws and regulations
- Scheduling and managing security audits
“OculusIT’s Virtual Chief Information Security Officer will ensure Trinity College maintains the highest standard of data protection technologies to safeguard the institution from evolving cyber threats and provide unparalleled security support,” said Jim Tandon, VP of Client Engagements at OculusIT. “We are proud to work with Trinity College to deliver our proven, high-touch services and knowledge of the higher ed cybersecurity landscape.”
About Trinity College
Established in 1823, Trinity College is a private liberal arts college in Hartford, Connecticut. Co-educational since 1969, it is the second-oldest college in the state of Connecticut. Enrolling over 2200 students, Trinity College offers 41 majors and 28 interdisciplinary minors. For more information about Trinity College, please visit www.trincoll.edu.
OculusIT is a global, all-inclusive managed IT, security, and cloud services company dedicated to serving the education industry. Our strategy is to offer a highly cost-effective and responsive partnership that provides flexibility and nimbleness in response to economic changes and directly contributes to your institution’s ability to provide and maintain the highest quality IT services. OculusIT grows with you, adapts to you, and ensures consistency and continuity of service with a partnership, service philosophy, and cost savings unparalleled in the higher education IT services domain. Learn more at www.oculusit.com.