About the Client
Gwynedd Mercy University is a private Catholic university located in suburban Philadelphia. Founded in 1948 by the Sisters of Mercy, our degree programs promote professionalism while emphasizing the value of ethical behavior and service to a greater good.
Our accelerated adult programs provide continuing education and career change opportunities in nursing, business, counseling, psychology, and education. From first professional degrees to doctorate programs, GMercyU can offer you the program you need to bring your future into focus and advance in your career.
During 2014, GMercyU’s were looking for a one-stop IT shop i.e. IT Managed and ERP services provider who provide database and system administration support for their Banner® ERP, creates a predictable and sustainable technology environment for students and faculty alike, that proves to be efficient as well as cost-effective.
OculusIT selected over other companies, leveraging a fully managed services model, augmenting their IT team capabilities to better manage the IT infrastructure and repurpose themselves to other strategic student engagement projects. This includes, but not limited to:
- System Administration
- Virtual Desktop Integration
- IDM Hosting
- FIM Custom Portal
- Vulnerability Assessment and much more
- As well as rebadging offers to all our on-site IT staff including Onsite Microsoft® Principal Engineer and other services.
They have successfully become an integrated part of GMercyU.
OculusIT manages all the core IT functions which allows them to focus on innovation in a variety of areas such as various technology uplifts, a new state of the art student information system, a transition from VDI to Windows Virtual Desktop etc.
- GMercyU leveraging rich experience of OculusIT in higher education for their needs and getting response with best-in-class recommendations to deploy.
- Empowering them with innovative IT services and other solutions.