About the Client
Founded in 1866, Fisk University is ranked #6 among historically black universities, according to U.S. News and World Report, and is the oldest institution of higher learning in Nashville, Tennessee. Fisk’s outstanding faculty and students continue to enhance the University’s international reputation for academic excellence. Its scholars continue to make strides in all areas of the industry from Social Justice to the sciences. Fisk education prepares its students to become beacons in servicing the community and well-rounded leaders and scholars in their respective fields. Fisk offers more than 20+ undergraduate and graduate programs in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Clinical Psychology with a bridge Masters to Ph.D. programs through a partnership with Vanderbilt University.
Fisk University reached out to OculusIT as they were looking for an IT firm to implement a robust Identity & Access Management (IAM) solution and provide enterprise system authentication including directory services that should be within their fiscal budget guidelines.
Fisk University selected OculusIT to streamline user lifecycle management and transform the user experience, empowering Fisk University with its identity solutions including Identity Provider (IdP), Single Sign-On (SSO), Password Manager with MFA, Adaptive Authentication, User Self-Registration and Automated Provisioning via a technology partner, QuickLaunch., to support the university and its goal to implement a robust IAM solution to further achieve business continuity success at this time of global unrest.
Under this partnership, OculusIT is serving them with the following:
- OculusIT Identity Provider helps Fisk University to implement and maintain a trusted and secured identity solution on the cloud while Single Sign-On (SSO) helps the users to securely login to essential applications using a single set of credentials. This eliminates the problem of remembering multiple credentials for different applications by providing a unified login experience for users.
- Smart Password Manager with MFA allow users to reset passwords on their own using multiple factors of authentication (SMS, Email, Security Questions).
- Adaptive Authentication enhances fraud risk assessments by leveraging artificial intelligence. It triggers additional authentication based on deviations in user behavior (network, location, browser, device, etc.), preventing unauthorized access.
- User Self-Registration help first-time users to create their own password, eliminating the process of providing default passwords to new users joining Fisk University.
- Automated Provisioning help IT administrators to onboard users faster, streamline user access management across multiple applications, grant privileges to different users based on their roles and synchronize active directory changes to downstream applications within seconds. Automated provisioning boosts the productivity of IT administrators while enhancing institutional security by ensuring the right access to the right users at the right time.
- Breakthrough in managing digital identities
- Helping the college with a reduce help desk call volumes
- Helping them boost the draining productivity of IT help desk and users overall
- Enhanced institutional security and transform the end user login experience
About Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
Historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) are institutions of higher education in the United States that were established before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with the intention of primarily serving the African-American community. There are 101 HBCUs in the United States, including both public and private institutions (down from the 121 institutions that existed during the 1930s).Of these remaining HBCU institutions in the United States, 27 offer doctoral programs, 52 offer master’s programs, 83 offer bachelor’s degree programs, and 38 offer associate degrees.
South Carolina State University