About the Client
The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is a public community college in Baltimore County, Maryland, with three main campuses and three extension centers. CCBC offers the region’s most expansive selection of degree, certificate and workplace certification programs that prepare students for transfer, job entry and career advancement in local job growth industries such as business, education, health care, information technology, cybersecurity, construction, and transportation. Each year, more than 63,000 students enroll at the college’s main campuses, extension centers, and online and designated as a Military Times Best College 2018.
CCBC rolled out an RFP in December 2019 for ‘IT Staff Augmentation’ due to few technical inefficiencies faced by the University, including:
- Banner® and Oracle® ERP projects with limited manpower on staff
Limited internal skillsets to provide project management and delivery support.
Post multiple internal committee discussions and evaluations; the University awarded the RFP in Feb 2020 to OculusIT for the following:
- Oracle® Upgrade
- Quarterly Critical Patchset Update (CPU) and Patchset Update (PSU) upgrades.
- OEM installation upgrades, including monitoring of all Oracle® database and application servers
- Oracle® daily health check (1 hour a daily)
- Performance tuning of Oracle® database
- Banner® Upgrade
- Upgrade Oracle® client from current 11g to 12 (DB is already on 12) on Banner® job submission servers & also recompile C and Cobol with the new versions of Oracle® client
- Migrate current Self‐Service Banner® 8 to Tomcat (currently on WebLogic)
- Project Management Services
OculusIT™ is a global, managed IT and cloud services company that, together with its technology partners, serves more than 600 colleges and universities. Headquartered in Chicago, OculusIT™ has a delivery network and operations across North America and globally.
For further information, please visit www.oculusit.com
Disclaimer: OculusIT is not a partner, affiliate nor does an agency relationship exist between Ellucian®, Banner®, or Colleague®. OculusIT does not develop, market, or distribute these products or services, nor do these companies endorse the products or services of OculusIT.