About the Client
City College of San Francisco (CCSF) is a public, two-year community college accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community & Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Since its founding in 1935, City College has evolved into a multicultural, multi-campus community college that is one of the largest in the country. CCSF offers courses in more than 50 academic programs and over 100 occupational disciplines.
CCSF Information Systems Department wanted to partner with an expert for Higher Education Enterprise Resource Planning consulting services. For this, CCSF rolled out an RFP in July 2019 for ‘Managed IT and ERP Services’ due to few technical inefficiencies faced by the University, including among 11 campuses within CCSF, including:
- Banner® and Oracle® ERP projects
- System administration and much more
Post multiple internal committee discussions and evaluations, CCSF awarded the RFP to OculusIT in September 2019 for two years with a renewal of 3 years.
Through this partnership, OculusIT supports the college with managed services for their Banner® environment. The scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide Applications and Programming services such as analytical and technical programming development support for CCSF’s ERP system (Ellucian® Banner®).
- Existing Banner® platforms include Finance (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Budgeting), Fixed Assets, Human Resources, Registration, FLAC, Web4/Employee, Self-Service Banner, Courseleaf, Argos.
- Provide Database Administration services (Install, configure, monitor, and maintain database, database backup, and recovery, cloning to maintain various instances for development/test, etc.) in support of various ERP systems, including Banner® and other relational databases.
- Provide Systems Administration services such as implementing, maintaining, and coordinating upgrades/updates/fixes for core operating systems and their associated components, without negative impact on the overall availability and reliability of the enterprise systems/networks. This includes CCSF’s Banner® ERP and SQL cluster-related systems, which include but are not limited to Windows, RedHat (RHEL), Oracle, Tomcat, Java, VMware, etc.
- Maintain existing applications and support, improve, and optimize production/Non-Production systems. Optimization includes monitoring Banner® ERP for storage, compute, Database performance tuning, and backup/recovery procedures.
- Administer user account access at OS, Application, and Database level for ERP and its integrated systems
- Provide 24-hour on-call Systems, Application, and Database support to ensure rapid recovery from software or hardware problems for mission-critical systems.
- Provide and maintain support for Banner® ERP customization and modifications.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain web applications and middleware, including enrollment, class schedule, reporting, financial, and application solutions.
- Work with functional leads at CCSF to develop specifications, test routines, and reporting. All P3 severity must be approved by ITS management.
- Load/stress testing of Banner® Set up load testing environment, develop tests, determine parameters including number of IDs, CRNs, actual testing strategy to ensure proper load testing to meet the school’s needs, execution of the test. Analysis of environment and test results with help to adjust the configuration as necessary.
- Provide primary support working closely with – technical and end-users to define requirements, resolve issues, help desk, and implement the modification.
- An SME is assigned in accordance with CCSF severity criteria and Change management process.
- Research and develop alternative solutions, develop programming specifications and system(s), flow charts, develop prototype designs and user-friendly interfaces,
- and identify current operating procedures.
- Investigate, design, program, and implement enhancements to ERP applications and other integrated applications. Proactively identify and recommend
- Enhancements to the technical environment.
- Provide cookbook documentation, knowledge transfers, and training to CCSF staff.
- OculusIT plays a consultative role and assists CCSF with subject matter expertise on Banner®.
- 24×7 Network Operations Center
OculusIT™ is a global, managed IT and cloud services company that, together with its technology partners, serves more than 600 colleges and universities. Headquartered in Chicago, OculusIT™ has a delivery network and operations across North America and globally.
For further information, please visit www.oculusit.com
Disclaimer: OculusIT is not a partner, affiliate nor does an agency relationship exist between Ellucian®, Banner®, or Colleague®. OculusIT does not develop, market, or distribute these products or services, nor do these companies endorse the products or services of OculusIT.