Chicago, IL: OculusIT, a leading IT managed and cloud services company, is pleased to announce its engagement with City of Winston-Salem NC for IT consulting services.
Winston-Salem is the county seat of Forsyth County. It was formed in 1913 from the amalgamation of the towns of Winston (established 1849) and Salem (established 1766). Winston-Salem is called the “Twin City” for its dual heritage and “City of the Arts and Innovation” for its dedication to fine arts and theater and technological research.
The City of Winston-Salem was looking for a highly skilled and experienced Oracle® / Linux resource to migrate to a new infrastructure and configure Veeam software to provide data protection, retention, and restoration best practices using Veeam software. OculusIT qualified the RFP to provide the services and deliverables requested. Through this engagement, OculusIT will:
- Configure Veeam backup software to support backup of Oracle® / Linux databases
- Setup Oracle® databases on a Red Hat® Linux 7 operating system assuming one database per VMware® virtual server
- Set up Linux partitions based upon Red Hat® Oracle® / Linux best practices
- Configure 15 Oracle® 12c databases utilizing Oracle® Automatic Storage Management (ASM) technology
- Migrate data from the existing 15 Oracle® databases to Oracle® 12c servers using Oracle® Data Pump utility
About the City of Winston-Salem:
Winston-Salem is the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States. With a 2015 estimated population of 241,218, it is the second largest municipality in the Piedmont Triad region and the 5th-most populous city in North Carolina. Winston-Salem is home to the tallest office building in the region, 100 North Main Street, formerly the Wachovia Building and now known locally as the Wells Fargo Center.
For more information, please visit www.cityofws.org
OculusIT is one of the world’s leading IT managed and cloud services companies. Over 500 of the world’s leading companies, colleges, and universities such as University of Wisconsin, Cornell University, Amazon, Los Angeles Unified School District, California State University, Florida Department of State, and Oracle have selected OculusIT as their trusted partner for IT managed and cloud services.
For more information, please visit www.oculusit.com