About the Client
Established in 1962, when the South Carolina legislature created the Sumter Area Technical Education Center, Central Carolina Technical College (CCTECH) is a community college in Sumter, South Carolina. It is part of the South Carolina Technical College System. .
Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) is a multi-disciplinary, public institution of higher education primarily serving the region of Clarendon, Lee, Kershaw, and Sumter counties in South Carolina by providing innovative programs designed to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life for all residents.
CCTECH rolled out an RFP in August 2021 to find a qualified vendor with a proven portfolio of similar institutions to provide managed Ellucian Banner® ERP services for the institution’s on-premise Banner® environment consisting of the following enterprise applications and modules:
- Ellucian® Banner® ERP (three environments – Development, Test, and Production)
- Student Module
- Financial Aid Module
- Finance Module
- Human Resources Module
- Banner Document Management System (BDMS)
- Banner Communication Manager (BCM)
- Job Submission Server
- Banner Event Processor (D2L Course Creation, D2L Student Enrollment and Gmail Account Creation Integrations)
- E-Transcripts Integration with Parchment
- Oracle® (two servers – Development/Test instances and Production instance)
- DegreeWorks® (two environments – Test and Production)
- Luminis® Portal (two environments – Test and Production)
- Evisions Argos, FormFusion, and IntelleCheck (two environments – Test and Production)
- Third-party integrations for data exchange through flat-file SFTP or SOAP integration (e.g., Cornerstone, Skillsoft, Library patrons, etc.)
The college also desired an annualized, fixed-price contract to deliver the scope of work.
After thorough assessment and evaluation, CCTECH awarded the RFP to OculusIT in September 2021 for a period ofAfter thorough assessment and evaluation, CCTECH awarded the RFP to OculusIT in September 2021 for 1 one year with one year two years renewal.
At the highest level of the partnership, OculusIT provides continued advice and high-touch customer and managed services to CCTECH. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- Client Onboarding
- Remote Banner® DBA Services
- 24x7x365 Application Monitoring
- 24×7 After Hours Emergency P1 Banner® DBA support
- Remote Project Management
- Support Services
- Operational Continuity
OculusIT™ is a global, managed IT and cloud services company that, together with its technology partners, serves more than 600 colleges and universities. Headquartered in Chicago, OculusIT™ has a delivery network and operations across North America and globally.
For further information, please visit www.oculusit.com
Disclaimer: OculusIT is not a partner, affiliate nor does an agency relationship exist between Ellucian®, Banner®, or Colleague®. OculusIT does not develop, market, or distribute these products or services, nor do these companies endorse the products or services of OculusIT.