About the Client
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University (AAMU) is a historic, student-friendly and community-focused institution of higher learning. Reflecting on its heritage as a historical black college and university (HBCU) and a traditional 1890 land-grant institution, AAMU functions as a teaching, research and public service institution, including extension. It provides more than 60 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs and concentrations, a diverse international faculty, 50 plus student organizations, and an extensive alumni network comprised of politicians, educators, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, etc.
The University required an ERP managed services provider for their existing Banner® environment.
AAMU selected OculusIT over other firms as their Banner® Managed Services partner.
Through this partnership, OculusIT perform the following services for AAMU:
- OculusIT helps the University with Banner® account and access management and creations, installations and software upgrades.
- The team also provides a database & systems support analyst to manage Oracle® installation and upgrade including:
- Supporting products like Banner® and DegreeWorks®.
- Prepare backup scripts and perform emergency backups, and allocate and manage physical storage structures (datafiles, redo logs, control files).
- OculusIT also assigned an IT Service Delivery Manager to oversee all projects, production infrastructure and internal network to ensure escalated issues are addressed timely.
- A fully managed services model augmenting TAMUK team capabilities to other strategic student engagement projects.
- Extended a pool of resources to the university at the minimum cost of one subscription.
- End-to-end administration of the University’s operating system environments.