About the Client
The University of Central Oklahoma is the third largest public university in Oklahoma, offering its more than 16,000 students to choose from 121 undergraduate areas of study and 74 graduate programs. Founded in 1890, it was one of the first institutions of higher learning to be established in what would become the state of Oklahoma, making it one of the oldest universities in the southwest region of the United States.
The University was looking to partner with an expert Managed IT and ERP services provider for database and system administration support for their Banner® ERP.
The University evaluated and chose OculusIT over other companies, leveraging a fully managed services model, augmenting their IT team capabilities to better manage the SIS environment and repurpose themselves to other strategic student engagement projects.
Through this partnership, OculusIT will support UCO with remote services for:
- Banner® database & application administration helps the University with installation, configuration and upgrades for their database environment, Luminis® administration and after-hours support.
- Banner® functional analyst assists the University’s core baseline Banner® modules, review customizations, implement custom Banner® technical needs, and provide executive reports among other areas
- System administration include installations, upgradations and configurations for the University’s OS environment, patches installation and updates among other functions.
- Project Management Office
- 24×7 Network Operations Center (NOC) Monitoring
OculusIT has aligned a team to streamline the project plan execution, leaving no major dependency on the University staff
- A fully managed services model augmenting University’s team capabilities to other strategic student engagement projects
- OculusIT expertise and Higher-Ed experience in ERP management greatly benefiting the University’s IT team and helping the University in streamline their IT processes