May 15th 2018, Summit, NJ: OculusIT, a leading IT managed and cloud services company, has been selected by Valencia College for Office 365® migration services. Valencia College (Orlando, Florida) was named the best community college in the nation as the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. OculusIT is pleased to announce its engagement with the College for migrating their mailboxes to Office 365®. The migration has been scoped in the following phases:
- Readiness audit – OculusIT will audit Microsoft Active Directory® and Exchange® environment to check any roadblocks that may occur during migration and any fixes that need to be applied before the systems are ready for migration.
- Exchange & Office 365® implementation – OculusIT will perform the following activities to complete the implementation:
- assist the College in subscribing to Office 365® and required services
- add planned federation domain to Office 365® organization
- add/update DNS name, CNAME, Auto discover, SIP, MX, and SPF records to verify and activate the federation domain on Office 365® cloud organization
- prepare/update UPN suffix for all AD users to be migrated to the cloud
- Azure AD® Connect – This includes installation and configuration of Azure AD® Connect and syncing test and production users to Office 365®.
- Move production mailboxes – This involves the final migration of mailboxes via Exchange Management Console (EMC) with a planned approach to minimize the impact on users.
About Valencia College: Recognized nationally as the best community college in America, Valencia College is also one of the largest colleges in Orlando, Florida. Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Valencia’s economic impact on the region is more than $1 billion a year. It was founded in 1967 and is ranked 4th among the nation’s colleges and universities in the number of associate degrees awarded. It offers 33 A.S. career programs and 81 certificate programs with a job placement rate of 93% – 95%. Valencia is also the 3rd largest of Florida’s 28 community colleges in student headcount. For more information, visit www.valenciacollege.edu
About OculusIT: OculusIT is a leading IT Managed and Cloud Services company with technology solutions that transform higher education institutions and public-sector organizations in the U.S. and Canada. Since 2003, we’ve helped more than 500 organizations achieve success. Our services include IT Management Consulting, Staff Augmentation, ERP/LMS/CRM Professional Services, Cloud Hosting and Backup, Infrastructure Management, Identity and Access Management, Microsoft® and AWS® Services, and Compliance Audits. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com or visit www.oculusit.com