Unlock the true potential of your campus by embracing new technologies with IT Consulting Services.
Our consulting services will ensure that you reinvent your strategies to stay relevant with future technology trends.
IT Planning and Consulting
As your campus grows, the technology adopted today will have to be updated and transformed for future readiness and evolving student needs. Building an agile, robust and future ready IT roadmap is a challenge that all higher education institutions face. OculusIT will navigate you through this seemingly chaotic transition. We offer technology consulting across four key strategic priorities.
New Technology Adoption
Updating Legacy Systems
Business Continuity Assessment
Why are we your partner of choice for technology consulting?
- Understanding your campus IT objectives, goals and future vision.
- An effective communication strategy to collect feedback from your IT teams and keeping them abreast with the change.
- We ensure a clear focus on IT goals, which facilitates efficiency and effectiveness.
- Our experts ensure that your in-house IT resources are used on priorities only.
- Fast and reliable solutions to address your critical IT needs with a keen focus on affordability.
Leverage your campus at a competitive advantage by following the best practices in the IT industry through complete assessment reports from OculusIT that highlight all possible areas of improvement.
Our Model of IT Assessment Services for your campus needs
General IT Assessment
Gain a deeper understanding of your campus technology with our IT Assessments. We conduct a thorough, in-depth review of all your critical technology areas, evaluate them against best practices, and provide you with a road map to better leverage your IT as a competitive advantage. We analyze an expansive range of IT functional areas including:
- Server infrastructure
- Data storage
- Cloud services
- IT services and applications
- Network infrastructure
- Networking carrier services
- Network security
- Risk identification and analyses
OculusIT provides comprehensive network assessments that evaluate security, stabilization, mobile devices and regulatory compliance requirements. The services uncover network architectures, legacy records, processes and databases, along with a physical audit of network assets. This includes:
- Physical-layer analyses
- Network configuration analyses
- Vulnerability checks on current IOS version
- Security vulnerability assessments
- Documented findings and recommendations
Risk Assessments and Compliance Audits
Mitigate cyber risks and safeguard your data with streamlined governance, risk management and compliance solutions from OculusIT. OculusIT offers comprehensive regulatory-driven compliance audits for various regulations, including:
- GLBA Assessment
- GDPR Assessment
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- HIPAA Assessment
Boost your day-to-day campus operations with intuitive
Managed IT services from OculusIT™.
Free up your resources to focus on your core academic goals while we manage your technologies. Save on operational costs and enhance digital automation with our end-to-end managed services for all your applications and platforms.
In today’s complex IT landscape, higher education institutions are competing neck and neck to provide the most diverse opportunities to their students. At the same time, campuses are struggling to cut operational costs while maintaining their competitive edge in delivering the best-in-class solutions. At OculusIT, we aim to solve the most complex IT challenges with simplified and cost-effective managed services for all your platforms, applications and systems. Our technical consultants and experts undertake a targeted approach for a proactive process management of all your IT assets. Many campuses fail to deliver their best services due to the absence of a core process architecture. We ensure that your institution doesn’t fall short of this requirement. A managed services approach becomes the right delivery model when your projects require dedicated support for which you normally wouldn’t appoint a full-time staff. Our managed services team can be appointed on a full-time or part-time basis with 24×7 monitoring support from our Network Operations Center. This also helps you cut costs on staffing and provides you with detailed documentation on training and future support.
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Services
Optimize your campus infrastructure and technology with CIOs that engage
in core activities and build the latest IT trends.
Plan with experts that develop strategies and tactical plans, perform assessments, provide guidance on the execution of plans, and serve as sounding boards when crises strike. CIOs from OculusIT integrate technologies at your campus and ensure that all your projects are implemented successfully.
Why should you choose OculusIT for CIO services?
- Trusted advisers with over 15 years of technical expertise in higher education.
- Complete assistance in securing and protecting your IT assets.
- Ensure smooth functioning of IT operations with strong guidance.
- Plan your IT infrastructure based on industry standards and best practices
- Align business goals with a well-defined road map for academic success
What can our CIOs do for your campus?
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Services
A Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a senior executive who deals with security objectives and ensures that all the information assets are properly protected. With CISO Services from OculusIT, campuses can receive the benefits of a multifaceted security team that can identify vulnerabilities, establish security best practices, and recommend the right technology to protect their IT operations. Some of the key offerings include regulatory compliance, data privacy, recommending security strategies and designing the security architecture.
What are the benefits of choosing CISO services?
- Develop plans for risk assessment and mitigation.
- Coordinate security breaches and incident investigations with an external perspective unbiased by internal circumstances.
- Conduct long-term and short-term strategic planning discussions designed to coordinate and align your cybersecurity plans.
- Assess the information security skills of your personnel and implement educational programs and cross training designed to arm your staff with the skills necessary to protect your information.
- Independently review audit and assessment reports, assisting with prioritizing issues and tracking resolution.
How can CISOs from OculusIT help your campus?
- Provide an expert, independent, and unbiased view of risk, compliance, and security methodologies at your campus.
- An information security liaison to auditors, assessors, and third parties.
- Oversee and manage all the security activities, reporting,
- Policy development and recommendations in-line with NIST, SANS, ISACA, ISC2 requirements and industry best practices.
- Provide a cyber security road map with strategic guidance in company growth, risk management and service offerings.
ISO 27001 Compliance
ISO 27001 is an international information risk management standard that helps organizations keep their information assets secure. It includes all the legal, technical and physical controls of an organization’s information risk management processes. ISO 27001 is supported by its code of practice for information security management, ISO/IEC 27002:2013.
At OculusIT, we help campuses implement an ISO 27001 compliant information security management system (ISMS) by following these steps:
- Determine the scope of the project
- Conduct a risk assessment identifying key areas for review
- Implement the required controls and strengthen internal competence
- Develop documentation for the management system and conduct staff training
- Audit, review and analyze the information security management system
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 compliance?
Save costs on multiple layers of defense with an information security management system that performs regular risk assessments and analyses.
Meet the compliance metrics laid by ISO 27001 and improve student retention and enrollment with greater data security.
Comply with EU GDPR and other data privacy regulations to avoid legal battles by starting with ISO 27001 compliance.
Protect your reputation and demonstrate trust at your campus for data privacy for students, staff and faculty.
Project Management Office (PMO) Services
At OculusIT, we undertake a proven streamlined approach to providing the most efficient and reliable Project Management Office Services for your campus. The PMO Services from OculusIT ensure and align the set vision, objectives and best standards for any project at your institution. We help deliver value and long-term benefits to your programs and projects and align them to your bigger organizational goals.
How can we help your campus with PMO services?
Deployment, Operation, Enhancement
Create and manage a sustainable PMO that drives your projects with the best tools and industry expertise.
Project Portfolio Management
Manage an optimal portfolio of projects with an approach that maximizes your ROI and is adaptable to your growing IT demands.
Be responsive to changing campus strategies and cultures by making your project management competitive and easily adaptable.
Project Management Methodology Implementation
Adopt methodologies that are quick, reliable and easy to grasp within your project team.
Resource & Vendor Management
Analyze, optimize and evaluate your resource and vendor usage by managing your IT talent effectively.
Project Review & Recommendations
Respond quickly to resource availability, scope and project controls to turn around a crisis and avoid failures.