|Reporting Manager||Lead Banner® DBA|
|Shift Timings||8:00 AM-5:00 PM (EST)|
- DR sync issue 2nd level resolution.
- Backup and restoration in supported assets- scheduled or adhoc.
- Performing export and import activities – scheduled or adhoc.
- Database security patch application.
- Log calls with vendor for product bugs.
- Provide timely escalation of complex problems to a technical support resource and/or to the appropriate level of senior staff.
- Perform DR, backup restoration drill.
- ASM monitoring and space addition.
- Starting and stopping database, ASM, RAC services.
- RAC Installations – grid & oracle home installation
- Review of daily/weekly/monthly checklist
- Repeat Incident / Alert Analysis
- Reinstallations raise due to incidents
- Provide Banner® database administration service .following standard team processes.
- Able to provide escalation support whenever required.
- On operational perspective, responsibilities include troubleshooting problems, working on maintenance windows and providing 24×7 on-call supports on a rotational basis.
- Database Migration, patch installation, cloning
- Session Monitoring, Query or Transaction monitoring, Lock and Latch monitoring
- Ensure that all tables have unique primary keys.
- Look for harmful growth rates
- Archive all alert logs to history
- Conduct Backup , restoration drills for backup verification
- Database Connectivity issues
- Maintaining Environment details
- Shell Scripting for DB related work
Banner® DBA experience, 3-6 years required
- Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
- Knowledge of maintaining standby / replication setup / RAC
- Strong in Banner® fundamentals
- Able to Perform Backup & recovery in any scenarios
- Knowledge of RMAN tool for Backups
- Knowledge of setting up an OEM for basic administration
- Knowledge of configuring and setting up maintenance activities for DB
- Knowledge of SQL statements tuning and DB Tuning
- Excellent communication Skills
- Prior experience in a 24×7 environment desired
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Provide on-call support as and when required
- Team player who has a customer focus and brings expertise to the team
- 3 – 6 years of experience
- A professional certification in any or all of the following:
- OCA & OCP Certified DBA.
- Extensive Knowledge on Banner®RAC, Data guard, ASM technologies
- Experience in Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12 Versions, Basic knowledge on BANNER